We are currently looking for a Web UX and UI designer who has the skills and portfolio in the world of conversion-focused User Experience and Design. This individual will be tasked with leading our conversion service offering across all clients and projects. This will include working with clients and customers directly, implementing a standardized practice, coaching our teams on best practices and measuring the impact of our work in client results. This role requires a combination of strategic thinking as it relates to our clients’ business outcomes and execution of world-class UX and design work that drives quantifiable results.
Duties and responsibilities
- Designing UX portfolio that shows both clear processes and finished product for digital design projects
- Designing a combination of graphic, UI, UX and brand design for clients
- Designing landing pages and websites Supporting Senior Designers in conversion rate optimization and brand development
- Designing optimized web solutions for specific devices and platforms
- Managing website development and redesigns Tracking quantitatively increasing website or landing page conversion rates
- through UX and design
- Working with a broad base of clients to capture user insights and learnings
- Developing process and framework to start with a blank canvas and end with an implemented high fidelity design that converts
- Developing website experience using HTML, CSS and JS Designing logos and creating visual brand guidelines
Knowledge and skills
- Familiarity in using Adobe Photoshop or similar software to design graphics
- Knowledge or experience in using Word Press/Wix to develop web site design solutions
- Knowledge or experience in using GitHub for web coding
- Knowledge or willing to learn Sketch for UI and UX design
- Familiarity in using Google Analytics to generate heat maps, key search terms used and record user experience journeys
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Proficient in G-Suite
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related subject
No certification required.
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Post-secondary graduates – this is not a requirement for residents of the Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut applying for internships in those territories
- Underemployed (employed below their level of education or work part-time)
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Not receiving employment insurance during their internship
- Available to work for at least six months
- Not previous participants of a federal youth employment program
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment and Skills Strategy initiative.