Octata Inc. is a software company involved in the Financial Tech sector providing a retail advertising platform. We build software and applications for consumers and businesses.
About the role:
This opening is for an internship on our Software Engineering team. We are seeking an intern to immediately join the team and develop and implement features for our consumer applications and company websites.
You will be mentored by and work directly with engineers who will lend their knowledge and expertise to ensure your growth and development. Be a part of the team, attend company meetings and other company activities. You will also be able to participate in technical workshops, educational and social events.
Duties and responsibilities
- Contribute to development efforts on large-scale, web-based projects, ensuring robust and flexible solutions are implemented.
- Build and maintain performance and scalable services to support innovative features.
- Participate in regular team meetings, code reviews and design practices.
- Partner with other developers and business owners to develop prototypes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional development teams to produce cohesive solutions.
Knowledge and skills
- Proficiency with HTML, JS, CSS (or pre-compiler SCSS, LESS)
Nice to Have:
- Experience with back-end technologies like NodeJS, PHP, Ruby, Python, etc.
- Experience with JS libraries/framework such as React, Angular, Vue.
- Good knowledge of algorithms and design patterns.
- Experienced with version control tools like Git or SVN.
- Understanding of good design principles is a plus.
BS Computer Science, Bootcamp Graduate, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Starting the internship within two years of receiving their post-secondary diploma
- Underemployed (employed below their level of education or work part-time)
- No more than 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Not receiving employment insurance during their internship
- Available to work for at least six months
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.