Servall Development is looking for a passionate web developer to join our growing software development team. Servall Development is a leading custom software provider who has been growing exponentially year over year. We created and continue to maintain the most widely used ID scanning software throughout Canada, USA, UK and Australia. Servall Development has been in operations now for 13 years, and while we always have a passion for our core products we are constantly expanding our portfolio of both custom software as well as hardware solutions.
The ideal candidate will be an individual who is a self-driven, creative, and forward thinking web developer. They take pride in their work, excels under pressure, and is looking to utilize the latest technologies such as React/Redux, Vue.js. React Native, Docker, GitLab, Electron, TypeScript, and Node.js.
Servall Development has a proud corporate culture that promotes a work hard, play hard mentality. You will get to be a part of a supportive and collaborative team that is always pushing each other to grow and improve. We strive to promote from within and are always excited to see our staff grow and move up with the company. Servall Development offers very competitive benefits, team lunches, and company events such as ski trips. With the exciting trajectory that our company is on, we will quickly outgrow our current office space, which is why we have purchased what will soon become one of Calgary’s most sought after offices. This is an opportunity to grow with a company that does not intend on slowing down!Web
Duties and responsibilities
- Working together with other developers and designers to create beautiful web, iOS, and Android applications
- Taking design concepts from dream phase to reality
- Engaging clients through the development process
- Developing applications with the right balance of easy user interaction and valuable functionality
- Working out of our office in Southeast Calgary, AB
Knowledge and skills
The ideal candidate:
- Knowledge of building web applications with React, Vue.js or Angular
- Knowledge of ES6 features such as arrow functions
- Passions for developing easy to use and beautiful user interfaces
For bonus points:
- Knowledge of using React Native to build iOS and Android apps
- Proficiency with NodeJS
- Basic knowledge of databases, particularly MS SQL Server or PostgreSQL
- Basic knowledge of Docker
Officially recognized post secondary education from a university, college or institute resulting in a degree, diploma, certificate or other official qualifications
No certifications are required, selection is based on experience and sample work.
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Starting the internship within two years of receiving their post-secondary diploma
- Underemployed (employed below their level of education or work part-time)
- No more than 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Not receiving employment insurance during their internship
- Available to work for at least six months
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.