We are looking for a UI/UX Designer to design software and platforms that meet people’s needs. You will combine interfaces and workflows to enhance user experience. In this role, you should be an analytical and creative designer who is able to grasp user needs and solve problems. A strong portfolio of successful UX and other technical projects is essential. Ultimately, you will make our product more user-friendly and intuitive to attract and retain customers.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs
- Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success
- Create personas through user research and data
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
Knowledge and skills
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of design projects
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Sketch/Figma and InVision)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
BSc in Design, Computer Science or relevant field is preferred but not required.
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Post-secondary students and graduates
- No more than 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Available to work for at least six months
- Not previous participants of a federal youth employment program
- Not employees of the hiring employer prior to the start of their internship (does not apply to previous coop students or student interns)
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.