Sustainable Life App is seeking a Sustainable Consumption Research Analyst! We live and breathe sustainable living & consumption and want to bring aboard a team member who shares similar values!
Working directly and being trained by our app’s founder, you will put together statistics and prepare a report about green business statistics and sustainable consumption in Canada. We want statistics and facts about each of the industries available on our app. This is a remote work from home opportunity.
This is an amazing opportunity to help create and maintain a product that will inspire change! We help consumers live a sustainable lifestyle and we provide businesses and brands with user analytics and an easy platform to connect with their consumers on a whole new level. Join us and help us build what will (hopefully) be a truly phenomenal platform!
You are passionate about researching and you’ll help Sustainable Life App expand our platform. You :
- Are an avid mobile app user - especially ones that help make this world a better place
- Are a self-motivated individual who wants to inspire change!
- Are able to work independently and also collaborate as a team member
- Capable of juggling a a bunch of tasks and staying organized
- Have an excellent command of written and spoken English
- Have strong communication skills and a general positive attitude and outlook
- Have strong research skills and you have experience working with academic and papers, as well as, government and NGO reports
- Have experience preparing reports that are summarized efficiently and logically
Our platform’s core values - 5 Factors for Sustainable Consumption™
- Impact on Human Health
- Environmental Impact
- Respect for Human Rights
- Respect for Animal Rights
- Socio-Economic Worldview
What is Sustainable Life App? We are a map-based app (Apple & Android) connecting consumers with sustainable brands and businesses in their area. We’re all about #ShopLocal and #SupportSustainable. Our goal is to grow the app so that users can use it at home and while they travel to live in line with their core values.
The app features green businesses, eco-products, and services from many industries, including: eco travel options (hotels & tours), event venues, retail shops, grocery stores, local farms, cafés, restaurants, hair salons, spas and so much more!
To learn more visit: www.sustainablelifeapp.com
To apply for this position send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Duties and responsibilities
- Number of green businesses in Canada - stats and figures + optional to extend and compare with USA, UK, EU and Australia stats (if available).
- Sustainable Consumption patterns in Canada - key facts and figures (comparing with other markets)
- Green social media trends - past, present and projected future.
- Research facts and figures in academic, scientific papers/reports, as well as, government and NGO reports
- Prepare a thorough report specific to Sustainable Life App's available industries
Knowledge and skills
- Strong research skills
- Ability to reach out to businesses and brands (phone, in person and email) on behalf of the app to do customer discoveries (TBD)
- You’re interested in sustainable/eco businesses and brands
- You want to be a part of inspiring change by helping solve the problems that small businesses, brand owners and eco-conscious consumers face.
- You want to create a report that inspires
- You like to focus on all aspects of a task and you're always proud of things you work on and help create.
- You’re a team player, resourceful, and are a driven problem-solver.
Post secondary education - We are open to a range of educational backgrounds (Bachelors, Diplomas or Certifications) in Sustainable Development, Environmental Studies or Journalism.
Qualified interns are:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada1
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Available to participate in an ImpAct internship for a flexible duration of up to 6 months by March 1, 2021
- Not employees of the hiring employer prior to the start of their internship (does not apply to previous coop students or student interns, although this must be clearly indicated by the employer)
1Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.