Join Figbytes and help to save the world while making a great living implementing the best sustainability management software in the market.
Figbytes is the developer of the world's leading sustainability software. Our clients range from multi-billion dollar corporations to universities. We are looking for a highly ambitious and capable person to start as an intern and, on proving yourself, to move quickly into a lucrative client facing professional services opportunity. There are no limits to what you can achieve in this role.
You must have a broad understanding of enterprise sustainability challenges - sustainability strategy, carbon, water, CSR, governance, etc. You're not expected to know it all. You must be a very fast learner, with excellent phone/web manners, strong technical/IT skills and the ability to understand and follow a process based system. Show us you are what we are looking for and you will do very well here.
Duties and responsibilities
Key duties are:
- Work with VP/Director of Professional Services to implement FigBytes sustainability management software for clients
- Become the trusted go-to resource for clients during the last stages of sales closure through to completion of implementation of the software
- Work closely with sales to support them in the technical aspect of the sales process (e.g., provide subject knowledge on key sustainability areas in the context of how the FigBytes software handles them)
- Configuration of software for clients
- Imparting basic "walk-through" training to clients
- Funnel competitive, product and process inputs back to technical and sales teams
- Have fun building the most exciting next generation sustainability software company
Knowledge and skills
- Understanding of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions protocols and legislations.
- Understanding of sustainability frameworks including GRI, SASB and CDP.
- Familiarity with basic computer applications like MS Office suite (especially Excel), CRM (Zoho or Salesforce) and messaging/social collaboration platforms.
- Bachelor's degree or diploma (preferably in environmental or earth sciences)
- GHG certification from GHGMI or CSA Standards preferred but not required
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Post-secondary students and graduates
- No more than 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Available to work for at least six months
- Not previous participants of a federal youth employment program
- Not employees of the hiring employer prior to the start of their internship (does not apply to previous coop students or student interns)
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.