Potential Motors Inc. is looking for someone self motivated who will lead the design and implementation of a diverse set of tools that power our machine learning workflows. You will be working in the early stages of our startup alongside the initial founders, with the opportunity to work alongside experienced entrepreneurs who have built past successful companies and have your ideas heard from the ground up. You will be working in a fast paced start up environment involving rapid prototyping meaning you will need to be able to adapt quickly on a day to day basis.
The systems you build will have a large impact on the entire lifecycle of model development. This includes data processing, data discovery, annotation, and visualization. This also includes tools that help us automate the entire workflows of training, validation, and production of our neural networks. Software built will be used in the control of power electronics core to our product.
As an engineer on the Rally AI team, you bring software engineering skills and can contribute to our tooling systems immediately. Knowledge of machine learning, computer vision, or neural networks is a plus but not required. A strong candidate for the AI Tooling team will either be an excellent software generalist, or someone who is exceptionally strong in either back end or front end engineering. This person will need to be able to work and make decisions independently
Duties and responsibilities
- Design and implement large-scale data processing pipelines that handle a diverse set of AI system control related data such as images, sensor inputs, and human labels.
- Design and implement tools, tests, metrics, and dashboards to accelerate the development cycle of our model training.
- Work closely with the hardware developers to ensure continuity between the electrical, mechanical and software domains.
Knowledge and skills
- Strong knowledge of at least one programming language related to data engineering, such as Python, Golang, or Scala is required.
- Experience with Tensorflow or other machine learning libraries is a plus.
- Experience with big data systems such as Spark, Hadoop/MapReduce is a plus.
- Experience with cloud computing such AWS EC2/S3/RDS is a plus.
- Experience with ElasticSearch or other scalable search systems is a plus.
- Experience with real-time data processing is a plus.
- Knowledge of machine learning, computer vision, or neural networks is a plus but not required.
BS/MS in Computer Science or related area, with strong software engineering experience.
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Post-secondary students and graduates
- No more than 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Not receiving employment insurance during their internship
- Available to work for at least six months
- Not previous participants of a federal youth employment program
- Not employees of the hiring employer prior to the start of their internship (does not apply to previous coop students or student interns)
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.