flitePLAN is an Ontario based start-up with a goal to deliver a global value‐based airline Flight Trajectory Optimization solution through a cloud‐based SAAS service. We are on a digital transformation journey to ‘optimize the sky’.
Our mission is to disrupt the status-quo of the airline hosted legacy flight planning native software systems in use today
With this platform, our cloud-based SaaS solution will service a global market of over 400 airlines. The aircraft trajectory optimization systems used by airlines today were designed over 20 years ago and around routines built for processors of the 1990’s vintage. We aim to become the ‘Google Maps’ of aviation.
Duties and responsibilities
- As a valued member of a start-up, you will lead in an agile/scrum based development team. Fast paced, innovative and leveraging multiple aviation/flight technologies in an iterative cloud-based deployment.
We are looking for Innovative and daring full-stack developers to support a web-based platform to eventually transition to native-app development.
Knowledge and skills
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming
- Some related experience in:
- Java applications including database applications (both relational and NOSQL)
- Front end frameworks (D3.js, jQuery, Angular.js, JSON)
- Analytics tools : Python, R
- Databases: Postgres, MongoDB, MySQL, HBase, Oracle
- Experience with cloud and virtualization technology (example: AWS EC2)
- Familiarity with development security and best practices
- Experience with version control tools (examples: Git, SVN, Bamboo).
Post-grad or Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, software engineering, or related field desired.