Fullstack Developer and part of the Development Team. Position will be responsible for design, implementation and on-going enhancements of digital products and enhancing the digital experience.
Duties and responsibilities
- Design APIs, develop shippable code, documentation and unit test new features for digital products.
- Build, deploy, and monitor frontend apps and backend services in a persistent, many-to-many, distributed architecture. Ship solutions that impact and integrate into mission critical systems within client companies around the world.
- Perform bug hot fixes as required
- Collaborate with other software project teams to ensure all integrations are working seamlessly
- Provide feedback and suggestion internally to continuously improve system, process and people
- Contribute input to help outline long-term product roadmap and short term sprints
Knowledge and skills
- 3+ years of hands-on Software Development experience
- Experience in React Framework building enterprise web applications using architecture models such as MVC and SPA
- Strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards, web optimization
- Experience in cloud platforms (preferable Azure), developing micro-services, CI/CD solutions (including Docker and Kubernetes), message queue systems and background task management.
- Experience in developing NoSQL databases, designing data models and proficient in querying document stores (preferably MongoDB, Azure SQL).
- Knowledge in API security frameworks, token management and user access control including OAuth, JWT, OpenAPI, etc.
- Experience working with API Gateway, CDNs, API Performance testing, CI/CD pipelines and monitoring tools.
- Ability to work in an Agile / SCRUM environment.
- Ability to communicate in verbal and written English
- Formal education in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field is preferred, but not required
N/A - please refer to Knowledge and Skills above
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Post-secondary graduates – this is not a requirement for residents of the Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut applying for internships in those territories
- Underemployed (employed below their level of education or work part-time)
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Available to work for at least six months
- Not employees of the hiring employer prior to the start of their internship (does not apply to previous coop students or student interns)
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment and Skills Strategy initiative.