The Software Application Developer will work to support the development of Hygge Box, Hygge Energy’s flagship product that enables the trading of locally-generated renewable energy, by programming simulations for peer to peer electricity trading between prosumers of renewable energy and energy consumers. The intern will be responsible for creating, analyzing, and visualizing experiments and data to help develop additional features and functionalities for this platform.
Duties and responsibilities
The Software Application Developer’s duties and responsibilities will include:
- Programming simulation for peer to peer renewable electricity trading between prosumers and consumers
- Design experience to evaluate the effectiveness of local energy markets, including the optimization of renewable energy source sizing and placement (such as solar installations)
- Analyze and visualize the results of experiments using data science and data visualization techniques
- Research and develop additional data visualizations for the simulation runtime
Knowledge and skills
- Interest in and/or knowledge of decentralized and renewable energy systems-based electricity markets
- Proficiency in Python for scripting, data analysis, and visualization
- Experience creating and carrying out experiments
Postsecondary degree or diploma in computer science, data science, electrical engineering, or an energy-related field.
No specific certifications are required for this role.
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Post-secondary students and graduates
- No more than 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Available to work for at least six months
- Not previous participants of a federal youth employment program
- Not employees of the hiring employer prior to the start of their internship (does not apply to previous coop students or student interns)
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.