This Sales & Marketing Coordinator is a great learning experience for a driven recent graduate (within the last 2 to 3 years) who wants to learn the ins and outs of a fast-paced start-up that contributes internationally to provide a sustainable option to disposable masks for the non-medical community. You will be responsible for the coordination of sales and marketing activities that support Masked For Works’ main channels of B2B Custom Products and Wholesale channels. In this role, communication and coordination is key.
You’ll play an integral part in coordinating the execution of national marketing campaigns and international distribution programs. You’ll also work with our sales team to support them with tracking of outcomes and development of content.
There are masters in our leadership team from business development to strategy to branding to content. Sales and marketing project tracking will be key to this role and you’ll learn how to best execute communication with internal and external stakeholders to achieve results.
As the successful candidate, you’re highly organized, have strong multi-tasking and coordination skills, thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment, and are an excellent communicator. Our manufacturing facility and product team is in Taiwan so you will also be involved in sharing product feedback with the source of our product.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide sales with support through the sales process from prospect tracking to order management
- Develop and execute customer relationship management (CRM) software best practices
- Assist on Zoom meetings with customers to confirm final specifications for orders
- Track and manage sample orders and delivery
- Connect with logistics companies to confirm status of orders and delivery timeframes
- Gather customer feedback
- Develop and execute online content including e-newsletters, blogs and social media channels
- Design customized marketing material templates from photos to content
- Create visual graphics for social media accounts and blog with tools like CANVA or Adobe CS
- Research market trends and competitive landscapes/pricing structures
- Work with marketing team on executing strategies to market
Knowledge and skills
- Excellent research, writing, and communication skills
- At least 1 year of design experience
- Ability to adapt to different cloud based softwares
- Experience writing for social media content and blogs
- The ability to produce visual graphics and creative in design
- Proficiency with software including Adobe CS (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign), MS Office, and web applications
- A keen eye for detail and it comes to both design and written work
- A willingness to learn a variety of skills
- The ability to prioritize, manage deadlines, and make decisions under pressure
- A desire to complete your degree in Marketing, Communications or other relevant field
- Bachelors in business, marketing, and/or communications, or equivalent experience
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Post-secondary students and graduates
- No more than 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Not receiving employment insurance during their internship
- Available to work for at least six months
- Not previous participants of a federal youth employment program
- Not employees of the hiring employer prior to the start of their internship (does not apply to previous coop students or student interns)
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.