Lux Insights is based near Lonsdale Quay in North Vancouver BC. We work with Canadian and US clients offering a full suite of qualitative and quantitative research. We are a fun, hard-working team committed to providing our clients with responsive service, high-quality approaches that meet their needs, and above all, actionable research insights. To support our small but fast growing team , we are looking for a Research Associate who will work with senior team members on using digital automated data reporting, visualization and data and statistical analysis software for our projects. The Associate will explore digital solutions like Asana, JIRA or Smartsheet for project management.
Duties and responsibilities
Project management: Work with senior team members on quantitative and qualitative projects throughout the entire project lifecycle, including but not limited to:
- Secondary research
- Questionnaire/discussion guide design
- Survey programming and testing
- Note-taking at focus groups
- Qualitative in-depth interviewing
- Data checking/quality control
- Data analysis: cross-tabs and advanced analytics
- Data presentation (charts, tables, infographics)
- Story development (including strategic recommendations)
- Attending client meetings and presentations
- Vendor management: Liaise with suppliers for support services related to project work.
Client management: With support, develop and maintain client relationships by providing excellent service, research advice and insightful, strategic thinking.
Business development: With support, cost and write proposals for qualitative and quantitative research projects, and help market Lux Insights.
Learning digital solutions already present at Lux, plus researching and introducing new digital solutions including:
- CRM and project management software
- Automated data reporting/visualization
- Data and statistical analysis software
- Online quantitative survey software
- Online qualitative research software
Knowledge and skills
- Have outstanding writing skills and attention to detail.
- Be a skilled user of Microsoft Office (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Be willing to learn to program surveys and use data analysis software (e.g. to produce cross-tabs).
- Be very comfortable with numbers.
- Demonstrate our core values of optimism, curiosity, courage and integrity.
- Demonstrate initiative, be a quick learner and be a team player.
A Bachelor's Degree
No specific certification required.
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Starting the internship within two years of receiving their post-secondary diploma
- Underemployed (employed below their level of education or work part-time)
- No more than 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Not receiving employment insurance during their internship
- Available to work for at least six months
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.