Identifying/engaging potential project partners and clients for project promotion and development in the clean tech area:
- Seismicity and induced seismicity monitoring area – by utilizing real-time high-resolution seismicity monitoring system to create a fast feedback system for fracking and drilling operations, in order to reduce environmental risks and increase efficiency of safe operations
- SAGD monitoring for steam efficiency – By using unique frequency range for seismic profile monitoring to monitor steam chamber growth and increase steam efficiency, so to reduce CO2 emission.
- Geothermal sites monitoring – by using Symroc’s broadband system to predict and reduce seismicity events and increase environmental and safety performance.
- Bridge/Pipeline/ Equipment monitoring for leak detection, reliability performance to reduce unplanned shutdowns, spills and incidents
Duties and responsibilities
- Actively Identify and Engage potential client industries and customers
- Develop business information, web page and social media to sport customer identification and engagement
- Develop and tack CRM data base for continuous customer engagement
- Prioritize, plan and coordinate project development activities according to customer requirements.
- Act as primary contact for customer queries and concerns.
- Perform customer negotiations for contractual terms and agreements.
- Prepare project proposals and develop project plan, schedule and budget.
- Determine resource requirements and identify resources with right skills to successfully execute projects.
- Assess potential risks and technical challenges and develop appropriate mitigation plans.
- Perform cash flow analysis and process invoices in a timely fashion.
- Develop business presentations for customer as needed.
- Develop cost reduction initiatives while maintaining quality and productivity.
- Interact with customers to clearly understand business needs and expectations.
- Build positive working relationships with customers and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Analyze and resolve project issues in timely and accurate manner.
Knowledge and skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of the clean tech industry
- Understanding of international markets
- Data analysis experience
- Market Research and knowledge of project management
- Fluent in English (ability to speak Chinese is an asset)
- Presentation skills
- Excel/ PowerPoint/ Word
- Good understanding of business management principles
- Geology technical understanding is a plus
A degree in science or engineering
A degree in science or engineering
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Post-secondary students and graduates
- No more than 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Not receiving employment insurance during their internship
- Available to work for at least six months
- Not previous participants of a federal youth employment program
- Not employees of the hiring employer prior to the start of their internship (does not apply to previous coop students or student interns)
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.