This role is for an individuals who is passionate about social impact, technology, and community. You want to work in an innovative, technology forward environment with community organizations and leaders committed to making a difference on causes they are passionate about. As part of the Partnerships and Community Outreach Team, you are ready and committed to making sure that our external partners and stakeholders are up to date on our latest information, able to engage with our technology and learning resources, and are able to share their needs and impact priorities with you and our team. This opportunity is an amazing way to develop your communication and business skills in a social enterprise, work on interesting projects, and experience what working in a startup-like environment is all about.
As the Partnerships and Community Outreach Associate you will work with the senior team members to assess and plan capital and community needs, develop strategies to fulfill them, and assist as they engage the funding, donor, and non-profit and charitable community. This includes building financial models, drafting executive summaries, searching for sources of funding and in-kind donations, and preparing and tracking the pipeline of resources and needs. You will help create and build meaningful relationships between our organization, and its community of stakeholders. You should have experience in retail sales, customer service, and community service. Experience fundraising and working in a startup environment is ideal, but not required.
Duties and responsibilities
Expectations & Responsibilities:
- Working hand in hand with the leadership team to define and execute funding and in-kind donations strategies for greater community support.
- Outreach to community organizations to ensure they are empowered to receive in-kind donations and support
- Outreach to community members and partners to build and distribute needed resources
- Work on grant applications, build a community support pipeline
- Content and resource plan and development strategy
- Community engagement strategy and outreach
- Business materials preparation
- Assisting with meeting and action item follow ups
Knowledge and skills
- Experience in retail sales, customer service, and community service.
- Experience fundraising and working in a startup environment is ideal, but not required.
- At least 1 year of completed post-secondary training in finance, business, marketing, or other relevant area business or finance.
- Familiar with social impact and experience volunteering with community organizations is a plus.
- Able to jump in and complete any task needed quickly and effectively.
- Have a great attitude, desire to learn and meet new people, lots of energy and enthusiasm.
- Not afraid to try new things, experiment, and be willing to take on any project, large or small.
- Loves speaking with people and sharing new ideas and teaching new topics.
- Self starter, detail oriented, comfortable asking questions.
- Authorized to work in Canada
- Bilingual French / English preferred. English is essential.
- Has access to internet, computer, and mobile phone. This is a virtual opportunity.
At least 1 year of completed post-secondary training in finance, business, marketing, communications, or other relevant area business or finance, social innovation, entrepreneurship.
Qualified interns are:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada1
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Available to participate in an ImpAct internship for a flexible duration of up to 6 months by March 1, 2021
- Not employees of the hiring employer prior to the start of their internship (does not apply to previous coop students or student interns, although this must be clearly indicated by the employer)
1Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.