Edvisor is a booking platform for the international education industry. We connect agents and schools in real time to allow agents to quote and book schools with just a few easy steps. Join our team to help us expand our on-line presence and refine our branding and marketing materials. We have an amazing team of sales and customer support reps that need someone talented to work along side of the Global Marketing Manager to conceptualize, create and bring our marketing to a new level.
- a Techstars graduate startup. (We spent 3 months in NYC in 2014 going through one of the top accelerator programs) http://www.techstars.com/
- first prize winners for the BCIC New Ventures competition; we are stoked by the support on our home turf. http://www.bcic.ca/blog/2015/and-the-winner-is
- 2 time winners of the ST Star Service Provider award
- a growing team of 40 in our perky Gastown office. True to startup form, ping-pong table, snacks, and monthly team get-togethers happily arranged.
- run on a flexible working schedule - perfect for a student!
Duties and responsibilities
- Designing visuals for print and social media based on project requirements
- Social Media management
- Filming and editing videos
- Using and contributing to the brand design guideline
- Retouching and manipulating images
- Using graphic design software and working with a wide variety of media
- Collaborating with the Global Sales Director and Global Marketing Manager to develop design concepts
- Making changes to presented drafts based on feedback
Knowledge and skills
- A basic knowledge of layouts, typography, line composition, colour, and other graphic design fundamentals
- Experience with InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Video editing experience
- Strong creative and analytical skills
- Experience running a business page on Facebook, Instagram, Tweeter, Linkedin
- Stellar communication skills both written and verbal
- Outgoing, can-do attitude and a love for being a part of a dynamic team
- Photography skills and owning a DSLR are an asset
- Ping Pong skills is a strong asset as well
- Diploma or degree in business, marketing or communication or the equivalent
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Starting the internship within two years of receiving their post-secondary diploma
- Underemployed (employed below their level of education or work part-time)
- No more than 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Not receiving employment insurance during their internship
- Available to work for at least six months
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.