Octata Inc. is a software company involved in the Financial Tech sector. We build software and applications for consumers and businesses. Our flagship product is CocoFetch - a consumer tool and a retail advertising platform.
About the role:
This opening is for an internship in our Marketing & Design team focused on our CocoFetch product. We are seeking an intern to immediately join the team who loves strong creative collaboration with marketing, content and product. You would be responsible for
- developing assets for social media, advertising campaigns, our website and our product,
- running advertising and social media campaigns and measuring their effectiveness,
- and working closely with users to evolve our communication to increase conversions and improve the user experience of our product.
We're looking for someone who is a designer first -- you have a strong design craft that you can apply to digital marketing. You will contribute to the brand and visual strategy of the CocoFetch product and while improving and running our marketing and communications. The work will require lots of iterations with feedback from our team. We're a data driven company and this role will be measured by customer acquisition numbers (volume, costs, and quality of customers) and user experience with our product (net promoter score and other internal metrics).
Duties and responsibilities
- Help define our brand narrative, style, positioning, and value
- Responsible for advertising creative, design and execution (including social media, video, digital, print, email, experiential, etc. ) to drive audience engagement, acquisition and retention
- Participate in regular team meetings and design reviews
- Collaborate with the Software Engineering team to improve the user experience and communication in the product
- Work with the team to ensure a consistent, integrated brand perception and user-experience
Knowledge and skills
- Must be strong a strong graphic designer & storyteller
- Ability to effectively combine illustration, animation, video and messaging to create compelling visual stories and marketing creative
- Comfortable with industry-standard tools and software like Sketch, InVision and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience using advertising and social media media platforms to promote a product
- Ability to communicate creative solutions with confidence, ease and clarity
- Experience with video and motion graphics
- An undergraduate degree with a focus on design (graphic design, UX/UI design, illustration, etc)
- Digital marketing courses a plus
You can apply at
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Starting the internship within two years of receiving their post-secondary diploma
- Underemployed (employed below their level of education or work part-time)
- No more than 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Not receiving employment insurance during their internship
- Available to work for at least six months
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.