Under the supervision of the VP of Engineering and Business Development the intern will assist with the development of an on-line Operational and Energy Management Platform that will utilize state of the art data acquisition Systems to create a real-time fault detection and diagnosis algorithm to assist with the identification of under performing operations and energy inefficient processes. Renteknik Group has started the initial phases of this development and is currently in the process of developing the IoT background. The intern will be 100% focused on the development of this technology. It is anticipated that the implementation of this algorithm will assist companies on the reduction of their Energy Consumption as well the improvement on their processes either by better utilizing the resources, increased productivity, or by utilizing less resources to achieve the same productivity, efficiency gains.
Duties and responsibilities
- Integration of three (3) different real-time data acquisition platforms into one (1) umbrella application
- Develop a front end for Client User Interface (UI)
- Design machine learning algorithms and perform real site testing on selected Renteknik facilities
- Define Automatic Fault Detection and Diagnosis and implement corrective actions
The intern will report directly to the VP of Engineering and Business Development
Knowledge and skills
PLC/controller wiring, drawing and programming:
- Knowledge of electrical and electronic circuit design involving PLC controllers
- Knowledge of PLC configuration and programming
- Knowledge of HMI programming
- Understanding of HVAC or industrial processes
- Demonstrated expertise with sensors, motors, HVAC and industrial automation Robotics, and/or Networking skills are a plus
Data communication over the internet:
- Knowledge of data communication protocols including TCP/IP, OPC UA, and MQTT, COAP, etc.
- Any experience with IoT projects is a plus.
Web development (an asset):
- Experience with developing back-end and front-end on websites
- Experience with LAMP / MEAN stack, MySQL and Drupal
- Experience with data analytics, dash-boarding, and reporting
- Knowledge of UI/UX concepts is a plus
IT, PLC Controls
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Post-secondary students and graduates
- No more than 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Not receiving employment insurance during their internship
- Available to work for at least six months
- Not previous participants of a federal youth employment program
- Not employees of the hiring employer prior to the start of their internship (does not apply to previous coop students or student interns)
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.