Since our inception, C4P Inc. has had a focus on designing and manufacturing physical products; now, we are looking to expand into the digital marketplace. Not only are we looking to improve on our physical products by adding digital components and accompanying software/applications, but we are also looking to develop entirely new applications and products.
We are looking for a skilled candidate who is looking to harness their abilities and develop iOS applications that interact with our proprietary products--such as our line of solar powered appliances--and also to brainstorm new products and see their development from conception to launch.
Position is full time (30-40 hours per week; 5 days per week) from August 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020.
Duties and responsibilities
- Working with our design team to brainstorm new software and applications ideas
- Present your ideas and develop a timeline to showcase how you plan on bringing your idea from conception to the marketplace
- Developing software and applications to integrate with our existing physical products
- Developing software and applications for new product ideas
- Design and develop iOS applications that will be uploaded to Apple's App Store
Knowledge and skills
- Technical Skills
- Post-secondary level experience in mobile application development
- Post-secondary level experience in Swift and Objective-C is required
- Post-secondary level experience in Firebase and SQLite is preferred but not required
- Strong software architecture, software design, coding, and debugging skills
- High standard of quality in coding practices
- Communication Skills:
- Interpersonal skills: must be comfortable working alone and in a team
- Strong written and oral English skills
- Friendly, confident, respectful, strong listener, open-minded, etc.
- Other Skills:
- Strong attention to detail
- Creative and ambitious
Completion of a post-secondary diploma/degree course in one of the following fields:
- Software engineering
- Computer sciences
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Post-secondary graduates – this is not a requirement for residents of the Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut applying for internships in those territories
- Underemployed (employed below their level of education or work part-time)
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Not receiving employment insurance during their internship
- Available to work for at least six months
- Not previous participants of a federal youth employment program
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment and Skills Strategy initiative.