Valency is looking for a highly motivated, self-starter, who has 1-2 years of experience in web development. An educational background in computer programming with Java and web development is required.
Our data analytics and reporting requirements for our web applications are expanding, and we are looking for a team member that can bring their skills, knowledge and experience to help develop our in-house data analytics and reporting capabilities. You can work independently while enjoying and learning from Valency's project team environment. You must have strong time management skills.
Duties and responsibilities
- Design, build, test, maintain and improve Java and PHP based components and interfaces
- Lead individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments
Knowledge and skills
- 1-2 years enterprise application development experience
- Strong software design and problem-solving skills
- Crystal Reports, MS Access or PowerBI experience
- Knowledge of data structures like XML and JSON
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development
- You desire to work as part of a team
- A real passion for technology
- Degree/diploma in computer science, engineering or equivalent
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Starting the internship within two years of receiving their post-secondary diploma
- Underemployed (employed below their level of education or work part-time)
- No more than 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Not receiving employment insurance during their internship
- Available to work for at least six months
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.