A highly creative and experienced firm in Victoria BC, MJM Architect Inc. provides a complete range of architectural services, from pre-design (such as feasibility studies and space planning) to studies for evaluating property potential (including zoning analysis) and full scope design (interior, exterior, site). With a diversity of thoughtful and innovative projects, ranging from single and multi-family home to commercial and institutional, we pride ourselves in our ability to provide hands-on, client focused services delivered with the highest degree of satisfaction, in a budget conscious and time efficient manner.
MJM Architect Inc is committed to environmental stewardship through the core belief that good design is sustainable. It is integral to the Firm's identity and a central component of our commitment to excellence. Our extensive project portfolios exhibit these values through a demonstrated expertise in site sensitivity, efficient use of resources, energy conservation and a conscientious approach to materials selection.
At MJM Architect Inc, we believe successful architecture isn't just about designing beautiful buildings that stimulates one's senses, but creating a built environment that endures and contributes to a healthier, more sustainable lifestyle.
Located on beautiful Vancouver Island, surrounded by the ocean and within close proximity to mountains, lakes and natural beauty, we are seeking a Intermediate Technologist to join our growing team!
Duties and responsibilities
- To work closely with the principal to produce schematic design, design development and contract documents.
- Coordinate project consultants and engineers.
- Produce 3D photo-realistic renderings using VectorWorks and/or Sketchup.
- Coordinate with principal to review drawings for omissions and inconcsistencies.
- Assist with converting design proposals into working drawings for building permit submission to municipalities.
Knowledge and skills
- Experience with VectorWorks an asset.
- Ability to produce quality drawings with required software in all architectural phases.
- Ability to work well independently and also to collaborate on designs.
- Ability to complete well-executed projects while working under deadlines/budget.
- Working knowledge of local building codes and bylaws
- An eagerness to learn and gain experience
- Problem solving capabilities
- Strong communication proficiency
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task
- Diploma in Architectural Technology of Bachelor's degree (preferred)
- Minimum 2-3 years, post-graduate experience