We are planning to hire a part-time research assistant to conduct literature review, support aligning appropriate SDG’s with Accelerate Her Future strategic priorities and activities, develop targets, impact and outcome measures and evaluation tools to support our programming.
Duties and responsibilities
- Conduct a literature review of experiences of early career BIWOC with labour market, barriers and opportunities, interventions including mentorship and sponsorship, etc.
- Conduct primary and secondary research related to gender and racial equity
- Provide input into aligning activities with UN SDGs and localizing indicators and measures.
- Develop impact measurement plan and evaluation tools/questions that will generate useful information
- Create template for impact reporting to stakeholders
- Provide input into throughout leadership, content strategy and newsletter
- Attend meetings, respond to communication
- Conduct any other related tasks assigned by supervisor
Knowledge and skills
Effective written and oral communication skills
Experience accessing and analyzing information through databases and reliable sources
Emerging understanding of UN SDGs and proven interest in gender and racial equality and advancement of women
Emerging understanding of intersectional feminism and racial equity concepts
Solid analytical and reporting skills
Self-starter with effective time management skills
Team player and ability to collaborate effectively within a remote setting
Bachelors (Masters preferred) in sustainability, social sciences, gender studies, or development
Qualified interns are:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada1
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Available to participate in an ImpAct internship for a flexible duration of up to 6 months by March 1, 2021
- Not employees of the hiring employer prior to the start of their internship (does not apply to previous coop students or student interns, although this must be clearly indicated by the employer)
1Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.