The successful candidate will work with the fastest-growing online marketplace for technology products in Canada. They will have the opportunity to use both creative and analytic skills to help inform how we create services for our user base.
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- A proven understanding of branding, strategic positioning and marketing concepts
- Experience in prototyping and wireframing.
- Hands on experience in , UX an/or UI Design, usability, and testing.
- Proven experience in producing responsive website designs.
- Experience working closely with project management and development teams.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must have professional experience with the following software:
- Sketch, or Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
Duties and responsibilities
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide creative assistance for web/mobile designs, interactive forms, web apps, and print materials initiating from the Marketing
- Coordinate with development teams to initiate and support web projects as part of Marketing’s ongoing operations.
- Create creative resources for use in marketing and sales operations. Creating and maintaining style guides and design features for websites so that ad level to acquisition.
- Audit websites with a UX analysis and provide recommendations and designs to optimize engagement with our web services and products.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in projects in cooperation with Marketing, Sales, and IT departments to provide creative resources and UX testing when required.
- Collaborate with project managers on developing creative projects that align with brand and for the purpose of promoting product consideration.
Knowledge and skills
PREFFERED SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Working understanding of HTML and CSS (to be able to produce web ready assets and designs)
- Production of design templates (such as WordPress templates)
- Experience in other media formats (video, print, audio) is an asset..
Education degree/certification in graphic design and/or interactive design or equivalent certification.
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Starting the internship within two years of receiving their post-secondary diploma
- Underemployed (employed below their level of education or work part-time)
- No more than 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Not receiving employment insurance during their internship
- Available to work for at least six months
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.