Full Stack Web Developer
We are a fast growing startup in Toronto, building IoT in Smart City industry. We have a proven record of good traction in the market and valuable future in the tech community. We have a team of highly talented individuals from hardware engineer, software engineer, and data scientists working for our final product. All of our engineering team members have worked in high tech companies such as Google, SAP, MDA, AMD, etc. and we are proud of our culture. We work hard in the startup environment and build products in an agile format with incremental releases.
We are looking for a full stack web developer, who can create our solution on the cloud with backend development, database implementation, and frontend UI for our customers. You’ll be joining our development team to make a connection between our on-premise applications and the cloud through the implementation of APIs.
The cloud infrastructure needs to be scalable as we are targeting a huge potential market with a lot of users accessing the same database. It would be crucial to think scalable from day one, as we are here to provide best practices in software development.
Duties and responsibilities
You will be responsible for development of our solution on the cloud. The cloud infrastructure needs to be scalable as we are targeting huge potential market with a lot of users accessing same database. It would be crucial to think scalable from day one, as we are here to provide best practices in software development.
Knowledge and skills
What skills are valuable
- Previous full stack web development in multiple cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Database design and implementation
- Experience using Test-Driven Development practices
- Autonomous and self-driven individual
- Curious to find solutions by researching existing ones
Bachelor degree in Computer Science would be an asset
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Starting the internship within two years of receiving their post-secondary diploma
- Underemployed (employed below their level of education or work part-time)
- No more than 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Not receiving employment insurance during their internship
- Available to work for at least six months
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.