Akshon Esports (www.akshonesports.com) is a nexus for all things Esports. Our mission is to entice Esports fans with information on trending topics, players, teams, events, and more! We are a team of entrepreneurial individuals who hope to expand the Esports community and bring to the competitive nature of gaming while telling the narratives in the scene.
We are looking for an individual who is motivated and committed and also want to expose themselves in the Esports industry. As an Akshon Esports developer, you will be working with passionate and talented development team as well as content creators.
We can guarantee you that you will be working in a fun, interactive startup working environment where you get to experience growth and make key decisions for the company.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work with Project Manager and UI/UX designer to design and develop new features
- Write well designed, testable code
- Create user friendly web applications
- Communicate efficiently with the back-end
Knowledge and skills
- BSc in Computer Science, or equivalent field
- Strong knowledge of React, Angular and other web frameworks
- Strong knowledge of React libraries (Redux, Relay, Semantic UI)
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with Webpack
- Proficient in English
Preference given to applicants with:
- Follow the Esports Industry
- Knowledge of Machine Learning/Computer Vision
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume as well as your GitHub link! We thank everyone for their interest but only potential candidates will be contacted!
Job Type: Full-time
- ReactJS: 2 years (Preferred)
- Vancouver, BC (Required)
BSc in Computer Science, or equivalent field
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Starting the internship within two years of receiving their post-secondary diploma
- Underemployed (employed below their level of education or work part-time)
- No more than 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Not receiving employment insurance during their internship
- Available to work for at least six months
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.