Raven Reads Books Ltd. is a rapidly growing, Indigenous and womxn owned e-commerce business that provides direct-to-consumer subscription boxes featuring books and giftware purchased from other Indigenous businesses across North America.
We are seeking a guru of finance who enjoys numbers and gets a kick out of eCommerce technology and building finance models and someone to help us with our new product launch.
What you can expect:
A finance internship at Raven Reads is an opportunity to independently create a series of new product financial forecasting models. Each intern will be provided with a project associated with our new product line to assist us with our 2020 research and development objectives. Each intern will work directly with management and our finance team to analyze and research associated costs and potential output to develop useful revenue and volume forecast models to support decision making and product design. Interns will have the option to split their work time between our Merritt location and working remotely.
Duties and responsibilities
What you will be doing:
- Review historical sales trends, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models
- Support the growth and expansion of our product offerings and entry into new markets by participating in company-wide projects and initiatives
- Complete forecasting and new product modeling
- Research costs and prices to support new product lines
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Participate in weekly team teleconference calls
- Interact with customer service, management and finance to understand demand forecast drivers
Knowledge and skills
What we’re looking for:
- You are a full or part time student enrolled in an accredited Canadian college or university.
- You must be enrolled in post-secondary and not graduating (or have not completed your program requirements) for the first 30 days of the internship.
- You are studying in one of the following disciplines: business, business administration, accounting or finance.
- You have an interest in entrepreneurship and are seeking alternatives to traditional job placements.
- We are willing to train the right candidate on our software platforms, but the right person will have strengths in logical analysis, forecasting, and financial modeling and you are extremely organized and detailed oriented.
- You are very comfortable with using spreadsheets and do not shy away from finding the right formula to forecasting!
You are currently enrolled as a full or part time student enrolled in an accredited Canadian college or university. You are majoring in a program of study such as finance, account, or business administration.
Qualified interns are:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada1
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Available to participate in an ImpAct internship for a flexible duration of up to 6 months by March 1, 2021
- Not employees of the hiring employer prior to the start of their internship (does not apply to previous coop students or student interns, although this must be clearly indicated by the employer)
1Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.