Msichana Inc. is a Social Enterprise using fashion to empower women, and building bridges through genuine exposure to people and culture across the globe.
We utilize leading-edge technology to create customized clothing for our clients without compromise to quality of life of our employees. Msichana clothing is designed to flatter and tailored for the perfect fit, and our transparent operations give clients peace of mind that their purchase is ethically made and improves lives.
We are looking for a passionate and fearless individual who is globally-minded wants a challenging opportunity to apply and stretch their skills!
We are a startup and there is a wide scope of work, but don't worry because we will coach and support you along the way.
This is an opportunity to join and grow with the business; our goal is to provide you with valuable skills and experience, and nurture you into a permanent contributor to the Msichana team.
Duties and responsibilities
This role will assist designer with daily tasks and will also contribute to the development of concepts and design platform.
- Design and Pattern creation; involves using Design software, working with Photoshop, Illustrator, and Browzwear, CAD creation and revision
- Support the design team during the product development process
- Digital illustration, cad files, sewing, making prototypes, fitting samples.
- Assist in the development and organization of design samples, may include sewing
- Assist with the preparation of presentation concept boards and tableaus
- Prepare line sheets, look books and presentations/set-up for line previews and buy meetings.
- Ensure coordination between sampling, technical (fitting styles) and production, including trim sourcing
- Client interaction including fitting, drop-offs for products, materials, fabrics, swatches, stylists pulls, etc.
- Some administrative duties
- Assisting with PR events, including fashion shows.
- Other duties, as required, to support the needs of the designer including but not limited to organizing inventory, fabric library, preparing shipments, studio and showroom organization, preparing for and executing shopping event, website, customer care, general organizing, etc.
Knowledge and skills
Possess high initiative and the ability to work independently
Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Digital illustration and experience working with CAD files
Knowledge of Illustrator/Photoshop used within the Fashion Industry
Interested in and passionate about Retail/Design
Extremely detail oriented and organized
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Starting the internship within two years of receiving their post-secondary diploma
- Underemployed (employed below their level of education or work part-time)
- No more than 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Not receiving employment insurance during their internship
- Available to work for at least six months
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.