Energy@Work delivers strategic energy efficiency and sustainability solutions to help improve building and energy performance while maximizing savings in the commercial, multi-residential and industrial sector. Our dynamic Energy Management Consulting Company is seeking a progressive-minded Energy Analyst to complement our fast-paced team.
We are a strong energy efficiency advocate, and so, we continue to share best practices, ideas and engage with stakeholders to develop better solutions. As an industry leader, we regularly participate and contribute to numerous events to advocate our ‘customer first’ focus, while members of our team sit on the BOMA Energy Committee, Technical Committee and Energy Water Reporting and Benchmarking Stakeholders Working Group.
We believe that through Understand Right, Use Right, Buy Right, energy efficiency is achievable and sustainable for all buildings. We help our clients achieve the triple bottom line: social, environmental and economic sustainability.
Duties and responsibilities
Major day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Organize and identify any anomalies in data sets and projects
- Establish utility usage baselines with the appropriate benchmarking systems and software
- Perform analysis of current building water and energy use to identify trends
- Coordinate with clients to collect and input utility data and building information
- Analyze various utility bills (electricity, natural gas, steam, chilled water, water)
- Assist in ASHRAE Level I & II energy audits as well as water audits and reports
- Create technical reports, project proposals and presentations that are clear and concise
- Assist in developing energy conservation and operational/capital improvement strategies
- Coordinate meetings and assist in site visits
We are looking for an individual with a great work ethic, technical knowledge, attention to detail and has mastered the craft of multi-tasking.
The successful individual will develop professional communication skills (verbal and written) and through collaborative efforts on numerous ongoing projects within a team and independently, will be refined in data analytics and client interface.
Knowledge and skills
The successful candidate will:
- ability to communicate technical issues and concepts both verbally and in written report
- intermediate to expert proficiency using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, RETScreen and Outlook
- previous experience in data analysis
- strong comprehension of utility data is an asset
- client or customer interface experience an asset
- adaptability to changing working environments
- working independently and in a team on concurrent projects and tasks
The successful candidate will have a post-secondary education or equivalent in a related field of energy management/mechanical engineering/sustainability.
Not required but nice to have:
Subsidized by a government program, the successful candidate must be under 30 years old, Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or person granted refugee status and have graduated within the last two years from a post-secondary institution.
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply.
Cover letters and resumes can be sent to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Post-secondary students and graduates
- No more than 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Not receiving employment insurance during their internship
- Available to work for at least six months
- Not previous participants of a federal youth employment program
- Not employees of the hiring employer prior to the start of their internship (does not apply to previous coop students or student interns)
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.