GreenStep Solutions is seeking a self-starting and high energy individual with a passion for sustainability to help us coordinate and deliver programs and services around energy efficiency, water conservation and waste reduction, for small and mid-sized businesses. The job will include direct outreach to small and medium sized businesses and multi-family throughout the Thompson Okanagan and Kootenay regions to coordinate and help deliver onsite energy assessments, energy efficiency education visits, waste audits and waste infrastructure assessments, to help these entities to reduce their environmental impacts, and costs.
Duties and responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Contacting small and medium sized businesses to communicate and schedule onsite energy, water and waste assessments.
- Site visits to small and medium sized businesses and multi-family buildings to provide waste reduction education and undertake waste infrastructure assessments and waste audits
- Compiling results of assessments and formulating recommendations for improved energy and waste efficiency, conservation and cost savings
- Communicating results with customers
- Reporting to the project team and program administration support
Knowledge and skills
Training will be provided to the right individual, but the following knowledge and skills will be an asset:
- Understanding of how to communicate about energy and energy efficiency
- Knowledge of local recycling regulations
- Demonstrated interest and enthusiasm related to energy efficiency and waste reduction (work/volunteer experience)
- A keen interest and understanding of sustainability issues
- Excellent oral and written business communications skills
- Customer service/sales
- Familiarity and knowledge of energy efficient technologies
- Experience using G Suite
A degree in a STEM related field with courses related to sustainability.
A valid driver's license.
Qualified interns are:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada1
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Available to participate in an ImpAct internship for a flexible duration of up to 6 months by March 1, 2021
- Not employees of the hiring employer prior to the start of their internship (does not apply to previous coop students or student interns, although this must be clearly indicated by the employer)
1Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.