Hello! We are Abacus.
Abacus expands the way that people think about furniture ownership. Abacus allows people to enjoy premium furniture pieces in their homes through a convenient subscription model. They can swap, return, or buy-out furniture based on their lifestyle needs.
Abacus is an innovative and consumer-driven company that focuses on bringing quality, functional, and stylish furniture to you with the best online to offline experience. We challenge the status quo of the traditional rental market by removing the barriers customers face when dealing with purchase, delivery, assembly, and disposal of furniture by bringing everything together in one place. We focus on creating a safe, smart, sustainable solution for our customers to enjoy their furniture pieces delivered to their doorstep.
We are looking for a E commerce Specialist to join our team. This position is full-time/part-time and will work well with someone who has experience working in this role and can work independently. As this is a start-up environment, each work hour will look different from the last. We are looking for someone who is flexible, adaptable and willing to learn.
Duties and responsibilities
- Overall Digital Experience
- Manage our business to consumer digital channels. Execute ongoing enhancements to the eCommerce website, landing pages and digital marketing tools from design and coding to deployment. Define the feature roadmap, optimize conversion rate, troubleshoot issues and implement ongoing UI/UX improvements to abacustudio.com and all digital platforms working in collaboration with the other software developer.
- Digital Strategy & Campaign Development
- Develop and execute digital marketing strategies and campaigns to support Abacus's business goals including, growing the local audience, engagement and retention across all digital channels, and supporting key campaign launches. Collaborate on channel strategies, establishing weekly and campaign goals, project roadmaps and implementation plans.
- Paid Media
- Develop and implement paid display, video and social marketing strategies. Coordinate and execute campaigns on appropriate platforms, tracking performance and optimizing approach to drive improved results.
- Data Analytics
- Perform data analytics, synthesize quantitative and qualitative findings into actionable insights and communicate them in a compelling, digestible way. Develop regular reports and dashboards to track performance and leverage insights to optimize digital marketing campaigns.
Knowledge and skills
- Previous experience working in online marketing, B2B and/or B2C eCommerce websites
- Direct experience with WordPress, Mailchimp, Facebook/Instagram Business
- Experience with graphic design tools such as Photoshop, Indesign
- Experience in planning, developing and execution of digital programs and campaigns, including online advertising, web (performance, conversion optimization, merchandising, landing pages), social media, mobile, and email marketing
- Familiarity with industry standard best practices, including CASL and GDPR.
- In depth knowledge of SEO, SEM and paid digital media
- Proficient in Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads, and Google Tag Manager
- Knowledge in utilizing first and third-party data for segmentation, audience creation, targeting, and personalization
Furthermore, we'd like to have someone who joins our team:
- Interested in growing a start-up to a large company
- Proud of your work, and dedicated
- Team player
- Likes challenges and likes to challenge
- Post-secondary degrees in related field
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Post-secondary graduates – this is not a requirement for residents of the Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut applying for internships in those territories
- Underemployed (employed below their level of education or work part-time)
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Available to work for at least six months
- Not employees of the hiring employer prior to the start of their internship (does not apply to previous coop students or student interns)
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment and Skills Strategy initiative.