Locally owned and operated sophisticated dining house in Yaletown, Vancouver is looking for a digital media specialist to join our dynamic team. You will work with senior staff to develop and implement social media strategy focusing on digital communications and marketing initiatives for key audiences that are in line with the restaurant’s business goals and brand. We are looking for someone who is creative, experienced in digital media and thrives in an ever-changing environment.
*For the lucky candidate, we offer staff pricing on food and beverages!
Duties and responsibilities
- Monitor ROI and KPIs and analyze Google Analytics data as needed
- Coordinate the creation of engaging digital content (website, newsletters, social media) that is consistent with the brand and optimize for SEO
- Support senior staff in project requests related to the social and digital media objectives of the business
- Stay current with digital media developments and analyze digital media and marketing trends
- Manage and update the restaurant website and online presence
- Take and edit professional photos and video for online marketing purposes
- Design and create graphics and promotional materials for social media and marketing campaigns
- Create and maintain email database for marketing newsletter distribution
- Create back linking campaigns to boost brand awareness and customer engagement
- Manage social media content calendar and digital promotions across all platforms that support the business and communications objectives and integrated marketing plan
- Develop relationships and collaborate with social media and industry influencers and leverage opportunities as it relates to our business
- In collaboration with senior staff, review and respond to online reviews
Knowledge and skills
- Experience in implementing SEO, marketing database, email, social media and digital advertising campaigns
- Working knowledge of Mac computers, word processing and database management is essential – Microsoft Word and Excel Spreadsheets, Mac OX and Photoshop and other media editing software
- In-depth digital marketing knowledge of social media platforms Facebook and Instagram
- Familiarity with web design and content management systems
- Solid knowledge of website analytic tools (eg. Google Analytics)
- Excellent in writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and have a collaborative spirit
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Strong organizational, multitasking, and project management skills.
- Able to work at a quick pace with autonomy and flexibility
- Sees (and seeks) opportunities for improvement, and acts on them
- Team player – willing and able to pitch in whenever and wherever needed, “can-do” attitude
- Previous experience in the hospitality or food and beverage industries a bonus.
Degree or diploma in marketing, digital media or relevant field
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Starting the internship within two years of receiving their post-secondary diploma
- Underemployed (employed below their level of education or work part-time)
- No more than 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Not receiving employment insurance during their internship
- Available to work for at least six months
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.