Fifth Ground Entertainment is looking to expand our team by adding a Digital Media Coordinator!
The Fifth Ground Entertainment (FGE) team brings stories to life on every screen – from documentary, to scripted, to branded content.
Toronto-based FGE is known for its award-winning television including comedy series Rent-A-Goalie, (Showcase), music documentary series The Rawside Of… (IFC), and critically lauded documentary series Reelside (The Movie Network & HBO Canada). Currently in development, FGE has a scripted political drama The Whip (CBC). Now on air is kids’ science adventure series Leo’s FishHeads (TVOkids). Also with TVOkids, FGE has the spin-off series Leo’s Pollinators in production and Space School in development. FGE has received 25 industry nominations and several wins for its television work.
Additionally, FGE produces digital and branded content including collaborations with Spin Master, Deloitte, BlackBerry, Yahoo!, Amazon, the NHLPA/NHL, and Hip-Check Media (clients include: Upper Deck Trading Cards, EA Sports, Athletics Canada, and more). In the last 6 years FGE has produced over 1000 digital videos.
FGE is also heavily involved in socially conscious documentary production. FGE recently completed a web series called The Exceptional Life which depicts three families charting therapy and strategies in raising children with autism. The project is financed through the Autism Speaks Canada, and is supported by the Telus Fund. Also in production is Hockey North, a documentary that depicts an exchange of youth hockey teams between remote communities in Nunavut and Mimico thanks in part to a grant from Experiences Canada.
FGE runs Lakeshorts International Short Film Festival (www.lakeshorts.ca) and is consistently involved in production for and support of the non-profit sector. FGE is actively developing other television, digital and film projects by reinvesting capital, dedicating resources and investing in local talent.
FGE is a flexible, dynamic and exciting place to work.
Duties and responsibilities
- coordinating the existing library of FGE's digital content
- spearheading the creation of new digital content properties
- managing FGE's new YouTube channel
- managing the FGE website and the FGE web presence
- working with FGE principals to craft a digital marketing strategy
- staying on top of the latest in digital marketing and applying that to the FGE strategy
- managing FGE social media accounts
- participation in the promotion of existing and future television productions
Knowledge and skills
- a base knowledge of video editing software, and some experience with editing
- experience with various social media platforms
- a base knowledge of and interest in the Canadian film and television industry
- top-notch communication skills and a professional mindset
We prefer a Bachelors Degree or a college Diploma in a field related to the entertainment industry.
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Post-secondary graduates – this is not a requirement for residents of the Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut applying for internships in those territories
- Underemployed (employed below their level of education or work part-time)
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Available to work for at least six months
- Not employees of the hiring employer prior to the start of their internship (does not apply to previous coop students or student interns)
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment and Skills Strategy initiative.