BYO Media is a digital martech agency with diverse range of services, striving to deliver the optimal results to clients who are targeting Chinese market globally and locally. With our digital marketing expertise and our bilingual team, we thrive on the success of our clients. And, our philosophy is to meet your expectations at a attainable quota.
We are looking for a Digital Media Coordinator to participate as a member of a team of professional, dedicated employees managing internal and external marketing efforts. This position must utilize skills including team-based interaction, project management, goal setting and administrative support. The role must have the ability to work under pressure, demonstrate active listening and exhibit organizational skills. This is a demanding and diverse role that includes a mix of administrative tasks, project coordination and creative work.
Duties and responsibilities
● Create and manage digital project plans for various development, marketing and event activities for all company digital products and projects
● Develop online and digital branding for BYO and all affiliated products and projects
● Create an online network of easily maintained and updated digital contact lists for internal and external communications
● Responsible for revitalizing the digital presence of BYO on social media and online sites
● Create seamless integrations between sales and marketing programs such as Hubspot, MailChimp, etc...
● Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities (i.e. what is trending, awareness of market conditions and future avenues of success)
● Accomplish organizational goals by accepting ownership for completion of new and different requests
Knowledge and skills
● Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment, with little direct supervision
● Strong communication skills: written, verbal and formal presentation
● Experience interacting with customers, development, consulting and sales teams
● Good design and user experience sensibilities
● Development, design and distribute marketing pieces in either electronic or print forms
● Sourcing of services to support role when necessary
Required Skill Sets:
● Ability to influence and work cooperatively with others throughout the company
● Detail oriented with the ability to get things done - it is about getting results by doing whatever it takes. Sometimes you get others to do it, other times you roll up your sleeves and get it done - be it writing the data-sheet or the pitch deck.
● Analytical Skills - this is about making informed decisions and owning them, based on data not instincts and gut feel. Also being able to triangulate the answers to business strategy, product roadmap and pricing questions.
● Excellent computer skills for either Microsoft or Google products including, but not limited to, Excel, Sheets, Word, Docs, Gmail, PowerPoint and programs with graphic elements
Preferred Skill Sets:
● Experience in the ed-tech, education or software industry
● Experience with WordPress, MailChimp, Hubspot (CRM) and/or Hootsuite
Google Analytics Certification
Google Ads Fundamental Certification
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Starting the internship within two years of receiving their post-secondary diploma
- Underemployed (employed below their level of education or work part-time)
- No more than 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Not receiving employment insurance during their internship
- Available to work for at least six months
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.