RockMass is a growing tech company based in the heart of Toronto.
RockMass provides digital and streamlined solutions for the mine of the future and are actively growing our team. We’re looking for a Digital Media Coordinator to join our team this June for 4 to 6 months.
What we are building
We’re developing an entirely new way of collecting data that we’re implementing into an industry ripe for change. Our product is a handheld data collection tool that enables engineers and geologists to quickly collect data and process that data into useful geological information.
You will take ownership over the development of online media and video content relating to RockMass’s product offerings. You will also have the opportunity to plan, record and design newsletter updates to share with our community. In addition, you will get the opportunity to film and create in an underground mining environment as well as other fun test locations.
- Amazing learning environment within a collaborative team
- Flexible working hours (our core hours are 10:30am to 3:30pm)
- A variety of team socials
- Office is accessed directly from St. Patrick subway station
- Free gym within the building
Duties and responsibilities
As a Digital Media Coordinator, you will help with developing all content that RockMass shares with customers and the community. A key aspect of this position is to create content that is consistent in its messaging, branding, and creativity. Within the internship at RockMass you can expect to develop a portfolio consisting of printed and media information, videos, and newsletter updates. You will also help launch RockMass’s product at a commercial scale and contribute to our collaborative and fun team!
Knowledge and skills
Skills and Experience
- Experience working with Adobe suite for media and printed content
- Experience with shooting and editing videos
- Ability to pull together content from meetings, existing information and online content
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Good understanding of personal time management
- Excellent communication skills
A bachelors degree or college diploma
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Starting the internship within two years of receiving their post-secondary diploma
- Underemployed (employed below their level of education or work part-time)
- No more than 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Not receiving employment insurance during their internship
- Available to work for at least six months
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.