MOVE Improve is an organization that is obsessed with learning. Our goal is to make mastering physical skills as easy and fun as possible for our customers. Whether its teaching somehow how to lift a box safely or to nail their volleyball serve, the MOVE Improve app breaks the movements down into the fundamentals. From there, customers are able to use side-by-side video comparison to analyze their movements, just like a coach giving you pointers along the way.
Fundamental Movement Skills (FMS) is our physical literacy module, geared towards elementary school level learners and teachers. We’re looking for someone to join our team and execute the digital marketing and social media strategy for FMS, with the goal of increasing sales of the application.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop, implement and manage MOVE Improve’s social media and digital strategy for the Fundamental Movement Skills application.
- Manage and oversee multiple social media accounts, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Define the most important social media KPIs and generate monthly reports based on marketing objectives and goals.
- Build FMS awareness and conversion through strategic paid media, search, and social strategy.
- Research audience preferences and discover current market and consumer trends.
- Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness through best practice.
- Develop an optimal posting schedule considering web traffic and fan engagement metrics • Suggest new ways to attract prospective fans including promotions and competitions (recommend ways to improve content and posting schedule)
- Measure the success of every social media campaign through reporting
- Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization
- Communicate with industry professionals and influencers via social media to create a strong network
- Content calendar developed 30 days at a time including monthly themes, key dates, special events and media trends.
- Constantly seek growth through innovative ideas, improvement on efficiencies and processes, sharing inspiration and constant learning
- Other duties as required
Knowledge and skills
Top Performer Attributes
You, as the best candidate, think on your feet. You like learning new things, and you can learn quickly. When things change, you know how to roll with the punches while keeping a strong attention to detail. You like being part of a team that collaborates and supports each other to deliver the best results. You are autonomous in how you approach your work but can be collaborative when needed. You have a strong work ethic, are coachable and bring energy to your work. You are tech savvy and like to stay current on the newest technology and advancements.
- Diploma or degree in digital marketing
- Experience with social media management
- Design skills an asset but not required (Adobe Creative Suite)
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Post-secondary graduates – this is not a requirement for residents of the Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut applying for internships in those territories
- Underemployed (employed below their level of education or work part-time)
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Not receiving employment insurance during their internship
- Available to work for at least six months
- Not previous participants of a federal youth employment program
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment and Skills Strategy initiative.