About Impact Hub Ottawa
Impact Hub Ottawa is a non-profit community and coworking space with a mission to inspire, connect, and enable people and organizations to take action for a more just and sustainable world. We use the Sustainable Development Goals and their commitment to ‘leave no one behind’ as a lens through which to view our impact in the world, and we offer coworking, office, meeting, and event space, as well as programs and services to help purpose-driven people to work together to bring about meaningful change in their communities.
About Our Team
At the heart of Impact Hub Ottawa is a small but mighty team of dedicated and passionate people. We are big believers in the power of collaboration to bring out the best ideas, and we work together to manage our space, host our community, and design events and programs that help people #DoGoodBetter.
We love to work with passionate and empathetic people and are committed to creating an inclusive team and community where everyone feels welcomed and valued. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersecting identities.
About This Opportunity
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Digital Marketing Intern to join our team. You will help us use web technologies to achieve our social impact and business growth goals; identify needs and opportunities to increase brand awareness and audience engagement; and, amplify the work of our community of people and organizations who are working to address the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
For this position, you should be passionate about the SDGs, creative and comfortable working with a small team and have excellent communication and organizational skills. This is a great opportunity to create a positive impact in a fast-paced, thriving community of over 300 social innovators - and to get experience in a broad range of disciplines!
Duties and responsibilities
- Promote Impact Hub Ottawa events, opportunities and offerings via social media channels, the Impact Hub Community App, and online event calendars and tools
- Execute on digital marketing campaigns to increase web traffic and conversions, using all necessary tools (e.g. website, emails, social media, blogs)
- Support the delivery of our virtual events, creating content, promoting, and capturing and sharing highlights to educate our community around the SDGs and strengthen our online presence. This includes our weekly Brown Bag Lunch series and other workshops and larger events, such as our ‘Cross-Border Conversations on the SDGs’ series
- Execute on member, guest and partner promotion requests
- Write and curate content for the Impact Hub Ottawa website, social media channels, weekly member newsletter and community newsletters
- Support with the execution of online advertising needs
- Build strong client relationships through social media interaction
- Ensure brand consistency through all marketing channels
- Collaborate with the team members to display and enhance the expression of Impact Hub’s mission, vision and values and the community’s efforts to advance the SDGs
Knowledge and skills
- Demonstrable experience with marketing campaigns and web technologies, including event, email, CRM and optimization tools and social media platforms
- Familiarity with SEO, SEM, Google Analytics and web analysis tools,
- Familiarity with web design, HTML, and CMS (content management system)
- Passionate about making the world a more just and sustainable place, and about advancing the SDGs through collaboration and social entrepreneurship
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Excellent analytical, communication and writing skills
- Experience with graphic design is an asset
Ideally, you will have post-secondary education in a field relating to communications, or marketing, or 1+ years’ experience in a marketing role
Qualified interns are:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada1
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Available to participate in an ImpAct internship for a flexible duration of up to 6 months by March 1, 2021
- Not employees of the hiring employer prior to the start of their internship (does not apply to previous coop students or student interns, although this must be clearly indicated by the employer)
1Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.