We are looking for a highly motivated post-secondary graduate who has a keen interest in website development, App integration, digital marketing, SEO strategies, and e-commerce. The successful candidate will be able to analyze our existing website/digital marketing channels and identify ways to improve the backend as well as front end, website ranking, and increase web sales.
In this role, you will work closely with our marketing team to optimize the existing website, to identify the weaker areas of our website and website ranking. In addition, you will work hand-in-hand with the marketing team to promote our products on digital platforms including third-party marketplaces.
The ideal candidate should have the ability to operate in the less structured environment of an early-stage company and prioritize tasks daily to keep the projects on track and on time.
Duties and responsibilities
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Understanding business objectives and making changes in the code to align with business strategy
- Analyzing the website and optimize the search engine for the limitations in the backend and enhance the performance
- Experience in digital marketing and e-commerce
Knowledge and skills
· Keen interest in web application development and learning best practices on platforms like website and social media platforms
· Understanding of Search Engine Optimization, Google Analytics, and Digital Marketing
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Adequate knowledge of programming methods and web development framework
· Measure the effectiveness of marketing programs and strategies
· Strong analytical and critical thinking
· Ability to manage self and assigned projects to achieve key milestones within defined timelines
· Ability to effectively interface with a broad array of people and personalities, understand their needs and translate them into system features and capabilities
- Any university degree or advance diploma in digital technologies, IT, digital arts or related field
- · Only recent Post-secondary graduates will be considered for this internship
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Post-secondary graduates – this is not a requirement for residents of the Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut applying for internships in those territories
- Underemployed (employed below their level of education or work part-time)
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Available to work for at least six months
- Not employees of the hiring employer prior to the start of their internship (does not apply to previous coop students or student interns)
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment and Skills Strategy initiative.