MyAbilities, the industry leader in human asset management, is disrupting the employer and disability management industries with its ground-breaking new software platform. Through its proprietary SaaS technology solutions, MyAbilities is transforming how employers quantify and communicate the demands of their workforce, hire and train the right employees, keep their workers safe and effectively manage their injuries. Insurance companies, Third Party Administrators and treating clinicians gain critical, real-time information to inform their claims management processes, transforming their ability to effectively and efficiently manage employee disability - resulting in best-in-class outcomes for workers' compensation, short and long-term disability and auto claims.
We are looking for a user-focused Digital Ergonomics Specialist, with a proven track record for tackling new challenges and a passion for helping people learn new things. Duties will include delivering technical training sessions, one on one customer support, data analysis, and ergonomics risk assessments.
Duties and responsibilities
- Help teach computer users of varying experience levels how to use a new software platform designed to eliminate workplace injury
- Deliver online, and in person presentations, including live software demonstrations
- Perform data analysis on physical demands analyses, finding strengths in flaws in other individuals ergonomics analyses
- Help curate and build the world’s largest database of job descriptions with physical demand descriptions
- Provide technical support as required
- Conduct user experience testing
Knowledge and skills
The successful candidate must have:
- Experience performing physical demands descriptions and ergonomics risk assessments
- A passion for learning new software, and teaching your peers how to make the most out of new tools
- Patience and understanding when it comes to instruction
- 1-2 year experience working in ergonomics
- 1-2 year experience working in software development and training
BSc or BHK Degree required.
AE (Associate Ergonomist) or CCPE (Canadian Certified Professional Ergonomist) Designation required.
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Starting the internship within two years of receiving their post-secondary diploma
- Underemployed (employed below their level of education or work part-time)
- No more than 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Not receiving employment insurance during their internship
- Available to work for at least six months
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.