Acuva Technologies is a global leader in UV-LED disinfection and has its products deployed on multiple continents. Acuva’s products are sold around the world through a wide range of B2B and B2C/e-retail channels including e-commerce. The candidate performing this role will help us in streamlining our e-commerce and web presence to promote our new as well as existing consumer products through e-commerce and digital marketing.
We are looking for a highly motivated post-secondary graduate who has a keen interest in website development, setting up a Shopify store, App integration, digital marketing, SEO strategies, and e-commerce. The successful candidate will be able to analyze our existing Shopify webstore autonomously and identify ways to improve the backend as well as front end, website ranking, and increase web sales.
In this role, you will work closely with the Director of Product Management to optimize the existing website and webstore, to identify the weaker areas of our webstore, to integrate Apps, to analyze the roadblocks in integrating our webstore with ERP system and to execute the SEO strategies. In addition, you will work hand-in-hand with the marketing team to promote our products on digital platforms including third-party marketplaces.
The ideal candidate should have the ability to operate in the less structured environment of an early-stage company and prioritize tasks daily to keep the projects on track and on time. We're growing fast, changing fast, and are always short of resources - it'll be your job to manage the ambiguity and deliver the agreed results in accordance with the agreed timelines.
Duties and responsibilities
· Analyzing the WordPress website and Shopify webstore for the limitations in the backend and make changes to create a seamless experience for our shoppers.
· Understanding business objectives and making changes in the code to align with business strategy
· Analyzing and Optimizing the website and webstore for search engine
· Providing recommendations and optimizing Shopify store making it more flexible
· Remaining fully informed on e-commerce marketplace strategies and taking initiatives to promote our products on third-party marketplace
Knowledge and skills
· Keen interest in web application development and learning best practices on platforms like WordPress and Shopify
· Understanding of Search Engine Optimization, Google Analytics, and Digital Marketing
· Experience or willingness to learn open-source template languages like Liquid or Ruby
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Adequate knowledge of programming methods and web development framework
· Measure the effectiveness of marketing programs and strategies
· Strong analytical and critical thinking
· Ability to manage self and assigned projects to achieve key milestones within defined timelines
· Website development experience is mandatory
· Ability to effectively interface with a broad array of people and personalities, understand their needs and translate them into system features and capabilities
· Post-secondary graduates in Computer Sc, Software or IT
· Only recent Post-secondary graduates will be considered for this internship
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Post-secondary graduates – this is not a requirement for residents of the Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut applying for internships in those territories
- Underemployed (employed below their level of education or work part-time)
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Available to work for at least six months
- Not employees of the hiring employer prior to the start of their internship (does not apply to previous coop students or student interns)
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment and Skills Strategy initiative.