Headquartered in downtown Vancouver's Harbour Centre, The China Canada Cleantech Innovation Centre (CCCIC) supports technology companies that aim to solve some our world’s most pressing issues related to sustainability and environmental protection.
CCCIC is a joint venture of SFU VentureLabs, Hanhai Holdings, Tsinghua Holdings, Jilin Ruite Environmental Protection Group and Henan New Future Investment. As a technology accelerator, investment fund and venture capital consulting company, CCCIC brings the new business model “Platform + Acceleration Fund” to Canada.
The “Platform + Acceleration Fund” is a combination of: (1) Services and resources offered through C2CAN and (2) venture funds available through CCCIC and its investment partners.
CCCIC offers a variety of services to help accelerate game changing technologies and connect technology innovators and entrepreneurial leaders with the resources and capital to succeed in China and Canada. Services include business development consulting, angel investor and venture capital connections, and financial advisory and capital raising services.
CCCIC is looking for an intern to develop the organization's online presence and create new marketing assets and social media strategies that will enhance optics and online presence.
Duties and responsibilities
The digital media & design intern will focus on developing and strengthening CCCIC’s branding and marketing initiatives. The position will require previous experience (either academic or work related) in marketing and/or digital design. UX/UI design would be an asset.
Day-to-day duties & responsibilities will include:
- Working with the company’s President to manage the organization’s overall branding strategy
- Designing and developing presentation material and other marketing assets
- Designing online marketing materials including website and further developing online presence
- Building the company’s social media pages including LinkedIn and WeChat marketing
- Supporting the team with respect to any design or marketing projects
- Collaborating with any external marketing teams on collaborative event marketing and digital design (e.g., technology events, international business summits, etc.)
Knowledge and skills
- Proficiency in design programs (e.g., Sketch, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
- Creative out-of-the-box thinker
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good team player
- Experience in marketing
- Strong project management skills
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail
- Ability to plan and prioritize tasks
- UX/UI or visual design skills preferred
- Mandarin language skills would be considered an asset
- Diploma or degree in business or marketing
- UX/UI or visual design training preferred
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Post-secondary graduates – this is not a requirement for residents of the Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut applying for internships in those territories
- Underemployed (employed below their level of education or work part-time)
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Not receiving employment insurance during their internship
- Available to work for at least six months
- Not previous participants of a federal youth employment program
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment and Skills Strategy initiative.