AquaMobile is the leading online global marketplace that connects swim instructors and lifeguards with customer's that have access to their own pools. We are a small team of passionate people making the world a safer place by helping our clients stay safe in the water. Join a proven, decade-old business with global operations in Canada, the US, and Australia.
AquaMobile is an award-winning business that has won the Telus Small Business Challenge and been featured on and scored a deal on Dragon's Den (the Canadian past version of Shark Tank). We love helping people of all ages learn to swim and be safe in the water. We are currently looking for a Content Marketer to continue scaling the business and spreading the word about all things water safety and AquaMobile.
If you want to work with an entrepreneurial team with a proven track record of growing businesses, then AquaMobile is a great fit for you!
- Opportunities to advance quickly: If you can grow your skills and abilities as the company grows, there are opportunities to move up quickly and past your internship.
- Opportunity to own your projects: Creative ideas and suggestions to improve the business or how you work are always welcomed, discussed, and supported!
- Interesting & diverse work: You will never be bored!
- Remote Option: Currently all team members are working remotely, but we do have a downtown Toronto co-working office space.
Duties and responsibilities
- Produce quality content to acquire new leads in the form of blog posts, landing pages, eBooks, case studies, webinars, etc.
- Use the content you create to support and promote thought leadership and attract site visitors through search, social media and email subscribers
- Cover link building and PR, while building strong, lasting relationships with editorial sites
- Ongoing SEO keyword analysis and improvements to blog and web content to ensure the website is optimized for search engine ranking.
- Create and execute on a roadmap for growth
- Support customer success efforts, especially in first several months in the role
Knowledge and skills
- 1+ years of experience in a content marketing role
- Knowledge of SEO, link building strategies, content marketing and web analytics
- Strong writing and editing skills - from crafting catchy headlines to compiling long, well-researched articles
- Loves to write
- Loves new challenges and making an immediate impact on the growth of the company
- Enjoys working with a small team of driven co-workers
- Bonus: experience using Webflow, Google Analytics, and Ahrefs
- Thirst for knowledge: You’re driven to constantly learn and self improve
- Problem Solver: You are a creative thinker who likes to solve problems to effectively contribute to AquaMobile’s direction
- High performer: You are results-oriented focused on project completion.
- Passion: You’re enthusiastic about what AquaMobile does and are focused on building water safety
- Self-Starter: You effectively manage your schedule to achieve high-quality output
- Attention to Detail: Your friends call you “eagle eye” because nothing slips past you!
· Only recent Post-secondary graduates will be considered for this internship
AquaMobile is an equal opportunity employer and as such, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We are dedicated to growing a diverse team of highly talented individuals and creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their best and authentic selves to work.
We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Post-secondary graduates – this is not a requirement for residents of the Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut applying for internships in those territories
- Underemployed (employed below their level of education or work part-time)
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Available to work for at least six months
- Not employees of the hiring employer prior to the start of their internship (does not apply to previous coop students or student interns)
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment and Skills Strategy initiative.