A unique opportunity to work for “The fastest-growing company in Silicon Valley” that helps businesses smooth out their go-to-market challenges, which involve everything from product-engineering assessments to growth strategy sessions. We are expanding our operations from Mexico/US/India to Ottawa/Canada and you would be part of the ground-breaking early stage of this exciting journey.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and innovative full-time DevOps Cloud Engineer to work from our offices in downtown Ottawa.
Duties and responsibilities
The Cloud Engineer would need to have at least 3 years of development experience. This candidate would need to be experienced in large system environments, software requirements analysis, development, integration and support. The candidate would be responsible for building highly scalable core infrastructures within the hosting facility and deliver support for that infrastructure. The duties include working on our existing toolset to expand the functionality to support Azure ARM templates and GCP templates to support cloud transformation.
The Cloud Engineer should be aware of the pitfalls of those deployment scenarios and ensure the infrastructure is capable of working around/within those constraints.
Knowledge and skills
- Experience in DevOps or Operations team
- Automation experience with Infrastructure-as-Code tools (ARM Templates, Terraform, others)
- Understanding of deployment of infrastructure and applications in Amazon AWS, MSFT Azure or Google GCP public cloud
- Application of Agile and Scrum methodologies and practices within a project
- Experience with Git, GitHub, GitLab
- Experience with scripting knowledge with Python, Ruby, Perl or Bash
- Experience with Jenkins, writing Jenkins files, Jenkins Pipelines and scripting job DSL in groovy
- Understanding of Infrastructure as code (IaC) and deployment experience using CloudFormation or HashiCorp Terraform
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Ability to work independently in a small startup environment
- Good communication skills
- Our engineers must demonstrate passion for what they do and develop. Being curious, persistent to find the right solutions to resolve complex problems and communicate properly to express their ideas in a proper way
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Post-secondary graduates – this is not a requirement for residents of the Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut applying for internships in those territories
- Underemployed (employed below their level of education or work part-time)
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Not receiving employment insurance during their internship
- Available to work for at least six months
- Not previous participants of a federal youth employment program
- Not employees of the hiring employer prior to the start of their internship (does not apply to previous coop students or student interns)
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment and Skills Strategy initiative.