We're looking for a bright and motivated intern to help Bjorn bikes to develop more sustainable and eco friendly cycling products
Duties and responsibilities
The duties of this position will include.
- The design of new sustainably made cycling products
- Research into natural materials that can be used
- Source of natural materials
- CAD design
- Materials testing
- Strength analysis
- Working with factories in Canada, USA, and Asia to develop a new process to use eco-friendly materials within there factory
Knowledge and skills
The applicant should be an engineer, design engineer or studying engineer with a passion for both the environment and cycling.
Engineer, design engineer or studying engineer
We're open to any level of graduate as long as they're motivated to help produce green cycling products.
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Post-secondary students and graduates
- No more than 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Available to work for at least six months
- Not previous participants of a federal youth employment program
- Not employees of the hiring employer prior to the start of their internship (does not apply to previous coop students or student interns)
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.