Creative Labs is a start-up foundry focused on developing consumer-facing technology companies and next-generation media and entertainment experiences in partnership with the Creative Artists Agency. We are a team of creatives, builders and connectors. We ideate, develop and launch next-generation businesses and meaningful brand experiences for built-in, highly engaged audiences.
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our growing team. In this role, you will assist Product Managers in gathering, analyzing, and reporting on product KPI’s, and recommending changes, based on the data, to improve reach, subscription, engagement and retention.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work with Business Analyst and Product Managers to outline the specific data and analysis needs for each product
- Assist in the collecting and creation of models that depict trends in the customer base for each product
- Assist in devising and conducting customer discovery surveys and interviews to obtain data on potential customers behaviours, motivations, and needs
- Filter and translate data to interpret trends or patterns.
- Make recommendations using illustrative decks or written reports on how to uniquely position a product in the market to effectively attract and retain customers
- Gather data on competitors and analyze their marketing strategy to help inform how products can differentiate and stand out in the market
- Assist team in identifying and developing data collection systems that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Work with project teams to develop and implement go-to-market strategies to optimize for downloads, engagement, and sales based on data
- Work with Product/Project Managers and Business Analyst on presentations to management and project teams
Knowledge and skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Keynote/PowerPoint
- Knowledge of data management software, such as Google Analytics, Tableau, Mixpanel, Intercom, or other relevant programs
- Excellent writing and communication skills (in English)
- Ability to efficiently gather information from all relevant sources and prepare for review in an organized manner
- Analytical and strategic thinking skills that assist with the identification of underlying principles, trends, or facts
- Ability to break down information or data into comprehensive parts and communicate clearly the meaning via text or illustration
- Able to work independently, quick to learn, and not afraid to ask questions
- Ability to prioritize and solve problems creatively and effectively
Post-secondary graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Statistics, Math, Computer Engineering or relevant field
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Post-secondary graduates – this is not a requirement for residents of the Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut applying for internships in those territories
- Underemployed (employed below their level of education or work part-time)
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Not receiving employment insurance during their internship
- Available to work for at least six months
- Not previous participants of a federal youth employment program
- Not employees of the hiring employer prior to the start of their internship (does not apply to previous coop students or student interns)
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment and Skills Strategy initiative.