Third Millennium Farming (3MF) is an edible cricket farming technology company. Our focus is on developing technologies and services for enabling other cricket farmers around the world. We develop turnkey solutions for urban settings, factory farming and developing regions. We're looking to hire someone to farm and innovate with us.
One thing that sets 3MF apart, is that we want to share what we know. Our objective is to make cricket farming easy, accessible and affordable for everyone.
3MF's headquarters are a farm and a lab. It's where we innovate. It's where people come to learn by doing, and it's where theory intersects with reality. We are all motivated by having a positive impact on the world, and are looking to work with people who are excited about innovation, interesting in taking on a variety of challenges and willing to work hard to accomplish exciting goals.
- As a cricket farm manager, in a small and quickly growing organization, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks in a dynamic environment, including but not limited to:
- Feeding, weighing and packaging crickets.
- Helping construct cricket habitats in various forms.
- Performing a variety of administrative tasks.
- Cleaning, organizing and any other tasks necessary to support farm operations.
Duties and responsibilities
Ideal Candidate & Company Culture
- You are looking to be a pioneer in urban, sustainable agriculture.
- You are interested in farming, building and innovating.
- You are creative, bright and ambitious, self-starter with a willingness to get their hands dirty.
- You are excited to make a positive contribution as a resident of our planet.
- We are dedicated to sustaining a competitive, fun and innovative atmosphere with a strong focus on results.
- We are looking to build employees up, enable them to become great, and in turn, make this company great.
- A strong stomach for bugs. They're not bad at all promise!
- Must be able to work in hot conditions. The cricket areas are kept hot, at 35 °C (95 °F).
- Any previous education is fine. We are looking for a candidate that is genuinely excited about joining our team.
Knowledge and skills
We are looking for someone who is excited to bring all their experiences and education, whatever that may be, to our team and to quickly learn the ropes. This position is very dynamic, and will provide a lot of opportunities for growth to candidates who are will to give it their all!
We are very flexible about previous formal education. We're looking for passion and commitment. We can help you with the rest.
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Post-secondary students and graduates
- No more than 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Available to work for at least six months
- Not previous participants of a federal youth employment program
- Not employees of the hiring employer prior to the start of their internship (does not apply to previous coop students or student interns)
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.