Acuva Technologies commercializes proprietary UV-LED based water purification systems for recreational, household and industrial markets. The Burnaby based company is leading the transition from traditional mercury UV lamps to next generation UV-LED (ultraviolet light emitting diodes) for water treatment applications. Their leading-edge UV-LED systems provide maximum efficiency in eliminating harmful water-borne microorganisms while requiring only minimal power, footprint and maintenance. Acuva's modular and scalable UV-LED technology can be deployed in variety of applications in order to meet the needs of a large number of markets for clean drinking water.
The Digital Marketing Intern will be working directly with Acuva’s sales and marketing team to grow and support sales of Acuva products. This position will be responsible for supporting the Marketing Manager with developing, implementing and executing strategic digital marketing plans to accomplish short, medium and long-term company goals. We are looking for someone who is passionate about making a difference, willing to wear a variety of hats (this is a fast-paced start-up environment) and a committed, get stuff done, attitude. Working at Acuva will be rewarding, it will be challenging, and it will most definitely not be just another job. This is your chance to truly get hands-on experience to kickstart your career in digital marketing.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support Acuva’s sales and marketing team in communication of market applications and technology; providing the content required to help educate and convert potential customers.
- Content creation using Adobe Suite including photo and/ or video capture, editing and graphic design for content to be used across social media, e commerce web, email marketing, display advertising, packaging and in-store visual merchandising.
- Create and curate content for and execute strategic digital marketing campaigns.
- Contribute to the development and execution of social media content calendar, tailoring digital campaigns that drive engagement and inbound traffic for both B2B and B2C messaging streams.
- Execute marketing strategies, specifically online marketing programs to reach target customers and markets.
- Provide coordination support for all marketing, public relations and advertising activities.
- Support development of marketing assets such as brochures, pitch decks, and other sales collateral.
- Assist with website maintenance such as ensuring product assets are up-to-date and quality assurance of website functionality.
- Aid in execution of special projects including market/customer research and targeted content marketing materials.
- Build relationships and increase Acuva's visibility through participation in various activities including attending trade shows, conference, conventions, and other networking opportunities.
Knowledge and skills
- Experience with data management, digital and social analytics.
- Knowledge of re-marketing strategies and application of re-marketing pixels/code/event code etc. would be an asset.
- Proficiency and experience with Google Analytics (or similar web analytics tools), SEO strategies, social media, and accessibility
- Extensive experience with Adobe Creative Suite and ability to prepare presentation materials.
- Exceptional writing skills (both technical and creative).
- Experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment and ability to balance multiple, competing priorities and deadlines.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and growth
- Aggressive, self-starter, results oriented with strong prospect hunting expertise.
- Excellent professional communication skills both verbal and written.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Art, Design, Marketing or related discipline.
No specific certification required.
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Starting the internship within two years of receiving their post-secondary diploma
- Underemployed (employed below their level of education or work part-time)
- No more than 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Not receiving employment insurance during their internship
- Available to work for at least six months
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.