We are seeking a design professional to perform design activities, help refine and employ brand identity including design and layout for print and online, prepare assembly/manufacturing drawings, design 3D models from sketches, and render 3D visualization of CAD models.
This position is for an individual with a passion for superior visual design and user experience, and developing great products.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support sales and marketing with visualization of digital assets and communicating ideas.
- Help guide and oversee web design work in order to grow and strengthen our web presence.
- Work cross functionally with Founder, Engineers, Marketing, and Industrial Design
Knowledge and skills
- High level of proficiency with 2D graphics Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign.
- 3+ years technical Front-end web development experience
- Experience using 3D design software like Solidworks, Fusion 360, Blender, Sketchup
- A strong portfolio demonstrating outstanding visual design work online and examples of completed projects
- Possesses strong design and drawing skills
Post secondary training in any design discipline, computer science, engineering or marketing
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Starting the internship within two years of receiving their post-secondary diploma
- Underemployed (employed below their level of education or work part-time)
- No more than 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Not receiving employment insurance during their internship
- Available to work for at least six months
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.