Green Story is an award-winning sustainability focused technology start-up with a vision to make social impact and environmental marketing affordable, simple and accessible for small and medium enterprises. We offer a simplified sustainability performance measurement & consumer engagement platform (Software-as-a-service) for small and medium sized enterprises. We work with a range of companies from waste management firms to one of North America’s largest bottled water manufacturers to engage stakeholders and to measure and communicate impact. Green Story is a Sustainable Brands Innovator, Social Capital Markets scholarship recipient, a member of the MaRS Centre for Impact Investing, and part of Ryerson University’s Social Venture Zone.
Green Story is looking for a strong researcher and content writer. If you are passionate about the green sector and helping clients learning about the issues in the environmental and social impact space, we want to talk with you!
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
Green Story is the world’s first analytics and marketing platform aimed at green companies. We have a lot of attention, and a lot of help. You’ll get to meet leaders in the field and learn the many aspects of starting up and potentially seeing through the growth phases.
We are a startup and you will have a big role but don't worry because we will coach you along the way. We have a flat structure so you will work directly with experienced founders and experts.
We will provide a formal letter of reference highlighting your contributions and accomplishments throughout the term.
Our goal is to provide you with valuable skills and experience. As well, to assist you in building your resume and expanding your networking.
Work remotely on a preferred schedule of yours. We will choose the best way to sync with the team.
We value sense of ownership and empower people to take their own decisions and actions. We expect a lot, but we give a lot, and you can choose when: late night person? Fine. Early morning person? Ok. This role is flexible – you can work on your own schedule as long as you get the job done.
Duties and responsibilities
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Support lifecycle analysis research for client projects
- Support implementation of sustainability solutions for client consulting projects when appropriate
- Research sustainability solutions in the fashion, waste and food industries
- Develop deep content on sustainability with a focus on green fashion, food and waste
- Write bi-weekly blog posts about Green Story and sustainability news
- Support implementation of organic social media campaigns
- Find creative ways to produce related pieces across many mediums and channels
Knowledge and skills
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- The ability to organize a complex Text with Topics, Keywords, External Hyperlinks, Internal Hyperlinks, for better interactivity and search results.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business' various types of content
- A passion to make a difference and help others
- Interested in learning and is resourceful (can figure stuff out by researching online)
- Understands sustainability concepts such as LCA
- Motivated by Green Story’s mission
- Prior work experience in sustainability an asset
- French and German language knowledge an asset
Masters or equivalent in a research oriented field (economics, STEM) with at least a minor in sustainability.