Green Story is an award-winning sustainability focused technology start-up with a vision to make social impact and environmental marketing affordable, simple and accessible for small and medium enterprises. We offer a simplified sustainability performance measurement & consumer engagement platform (Software-as-a-service) for small and medium sized enterprises. We work with over 80 companies in 15 different countries to engage stakeholders and to measure and communicate impact. Green Story is a Sustainable Brands Innovator, Social Capital Markets scholarship recipient, a member of the MaRS Centre for Impact Investing, and part of Ryerson University’s Social Venture Zone.
Green Story is looking for a strong researcher and content writer. If you are passionate about the green sector and helping clients learning about the issues in the environmental and social impact space, we want to talk with you!
Duties and responsibilities
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
Green Story is the world’s first analytics and marketing platform aimed at green companies. We have a lot of attention, and a lot of help. You’ll get to meet leaders in the field and learn the many aspects of starting up and potentially seeing through the growth phases. We are a startup and you will have a big role but don't worry because we will coach you along the way. We have a flat structure so you will work directly with experienced founders and experts. We will provide a formal letter of reference highlighting your contributions and accomplishments throughout the term. Our goal is to provide you with valuable skills and experience. As well, to assist you in building your resume and expanding your networking. Work remotely on a preferred schedule of yours. We will choose the best way to sync with the team. We value sense of ownership and empower people to take their own decisions and actions. We expect a lot, but we give a lot, and you can choose when: late night person? Fine. Early morning person? Ok. This role is flexible – you can work on your own schedule as long as you get the job done.
Knowledge and skills
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Support lifecycle analysis research for client projects
- Support implementation of sustainability solutions for client consulting projects when appropriate
- Research sustainability solutions in global supply chains
- Develop deep content on sustainability with a focus on green fashion, carbon offsets and waste
- Write bi-weekly blog posts about Green Story and sustainability news
- Support implementation of organic social media campaigns
- Find creative ways to produce related pieces across many mediums and channels
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- The ability to organize a complex Text with Topics, Keywords, External Hyperlinks, Internal Hyperlinks, for better interactivity and search results.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business' various types of content
- A passion to make a difference and help others
- Interested in learning and is resourceful (can figure stuff out by researching online)
- Understands sustainability concepts such as LCA
- Motivated by Green Story’s mission
- Prior work experience in sustainability an asset
Bachelors or equivalent in a research oriented field (economics, STEM); or work experience in research and content writing with a focus on sustainability.
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Post-secondary students and graduates
- No more than 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Not receiving employment insurance during their internship
- Available to work for at least six months
- Not previous participants of a federal youth employment program
- Not employees of the hiring employer prior to the start of their internship (does not apply to previous coop students or student interns)
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.