Go2Grad Tutors (G2G) is a graduate-student run corporation in Ottawa that supports youth by enhancing their knowledge and academic skills with the provision of direct academic assistance and mentorship that’s personalized to each student. Our vision is to nurture the next generation of leaders by developing the academic potential of secondary and post-secondary students.
G2G believes in the power of education and reducing barriers for accessing education, promoting inclusion and diversity, and providing youth with employment and opportunities for growth. Our objectives align with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) for good health and well-being (SDG#3), quality education (SDG#4), gender equality (SDG#5), and decent work and economic growth (SDG#8).
We are seeking an intern to contribute to our digital strategy and communication operations to advance our objectives in alignment with the aforementioned UN SDGs. The intern will work with the founder to contribute to the company’s marketing and digital strategy plan, create educational resources, and foster collaborations. The intern will work closely with the communications team to create engaging, appealing, and on-brand visual communications for a variety of social media outlets. This includes the entire process of visualizing and crafting cohesive graphics including illustrations, layouts, newsletter publications, etc. The intern will also be involved in managing the design sector of the company which includes creative, web, and graphic design.
Duties and responsibilities
- Envision and instigate social media marketing strategies by using graphic design tools and applications, staying up-to-date with social trends, and ensuring all visual communications abide by the company’s expectations and the UN SDGs.
- Design, build, and maintain website developments by understanding the latest web applications and programming practices.
- Contribute to G2G’s initiatives and efforts to match the objectives of the UN SDGs.
Knowledge and skills
- Dedicated team player.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid ability in both written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of programming language and technical terminology.
- Able to develop ideas and processes and clearly express them.
- Passion for digital and graphic design and media.
- Practical knowledge of print design and layout.
- Strong written, and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to work under pressure.
Post-secondary education or experience in arts & design, education, or visual communications.
Qualified interns are:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada1
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Available to participate in an ImpAct internship for a flexible duration of up to 6 months by March 1, 2021
- Not employees of the hiring employer prior to the start of their internship (does not apply to previous coop students or student interns, although this must be clearly indicated by the employer)
1Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.