We are a Startup company delivering a mobile e-learning platform with the goal of improving financial literacy and inclusion. We want to act as the bridge between consumers and financial service providers. We teach our users about core financial concepts and then we expose them to what their available financial options are. We do this through our gamified platform that makes learning about these concepts engaging. The end goal is to make it easier for people to learn the underlying financial principles and improve transparency when selecting financial services.
We are actively growing and are still in the development stages. We are a Canadian based company, but our target market is currently in Southeast Asia, specifically Cambodia and Myanmar. We are working together with several financial service providers, international institutions, and others. We are a socially driven company that is for profit.
We are looking for a Back End Developer who will help with our mobile app development. You will be working with the Front End, Design and user testing teams. You will be helping develop the initial product and will have a heavy impact on the development process. We are looking for someone to become part of the core development team. As we grow, we hope that you to become a key figure, moving into management or even a CTO position.
This is a paid position with the possibility for equity.
Duties and responsibilities
Role and Responsibilities
- Working with both the front and back end teams
- Design creative prototypes according to specifications
- Write high quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Develop technical documents to accurately represent application design and code
Knowledge and skills
- Experience in designing and building mobile apps
- Understanding of both front and back end systems
- Web/mobile development experience
- Confidence to propose new ideas
- Ability to work both independently and in collaboration with other team members
- Self-starter with the ability to work remotely and meet deadlines
- Passionate about having a positive impact on the end users
University degree in computer science, engineering or other relevant or equivalent degrees
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Starting the internship within two years of receiving their post-secondary diploma
- Underemployed (employed below their level of education or work part-time)
- No more than 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Not receiving employment insurance during their internship
- Available to work for at least six months
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.